Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A week in the life of Henry Hays Halterman

 Henry meets his great grandmother - GiGi.
 Henry gets his first bath.
 Reading stories is so fun.
 First time outside.
 Meeting Brandon's parents - his Ganki and PawPaw
Oral Motor therapy = no fun

This motherhood thing has been a lot of fun - and very exhausting! I am a "guilty" mom, meaning I feel guilty if I put him down for a second or am not paying him 100% attention and engaging him when he is alert. I am learning that sometimes he likes to be left alone and look around, rather than me singing in his face. Then I am able to do a little laundry or get  a snack. Nursing him has not been easy with his oral motor weakness, but so rewarding. I love our time alone while he eats. It is the best I can offer him, so I'm glad to be able to provide it. I feel so thankful this week (always, too) to Brandon and my mom. They are so incredible and I wouldn't make it through  a day without them. I don't know how single moms and moms with crappy husbands do it.
We are loving staring at him, talking to him, and showing him new things - even if it will be a while longer until he can appreciate them. We are astounded every day that a love this big is even possible.